Having completed his undergraduate LLB (Hons) degree in 2015 and Diploma in Professional Legal Practice in 2016, Scott joined JK Cameron in September 2017 as a legal support executive. He was subsequently invited to undertake his legal training contact with our firm in 2018 and completed this in 2020. Scott has built strong relationships with clients and partner agencies and he has developed extensive experience in the areas of Adoption and Child and Family Law.
Scott has a varying caseload and offers clients assistance with the full spectrum of family law, from divorce and separation to residence and contact issues and adoption. He has focused his practice particularly in the areas of Kinship Care Orders/Section 11 Orders and works closely with all members of the team to achieve the best possible outcomes for our clients.
- Scott has gained extensive experience in the preparation of Adoption and Permanence Order petitions for submission at the Sheriff Court and has progressed dozens of cases to preliminary hearings and beyond.
- Scott regularly appears in the Sheriff Court and at Children’s Hearings and has successfully pursued and defended numerous cases in relation to residence and contact actions.
- Scott has overseen many of our significant cases at the Court of Session and has assisted the partners in many of our complex cases which have developed the law of Adoption and Permanence (including RG v Glasgow City Council and SA  CSIH 45 and AB and CD v LM 2019 SAC (Civ) 19).
- Scott provides advice to clients in sensitive areas of legal practice and prides himself on his commitment to excellent client care and is approachable and empathetic in his manner. He focuses on trying to resolve matters as amicably and pragmatically as possible and is keen to encourage the use of alternative dispute resolution methods where appropriate.
- Scott regularly liaises with a variety of other professionals and partner agencies to progress matters for our clients in the most efficient and effective manner.
- Scott is also able to assist clients who are seeking to obtain Power of Attorney and Guardianship Orders and he is a Notary Public.